Book Title: What Every Kindergarten Teacher Needs to Know (What Every Teacher Needs to Know K-5)
Publisher: Center for Responsive Schools, Inc.
Author: Margaret Berry Wilson
You're teaching kindergarten this year. What do you need to know? Welcome kindergartners to the new world of school and address their need for repetition, routine, structure, and lively, hands-on explorations.
Margaret Berry Wilson shows you how in this practical book. In a warm, conversational style punctuated with anecdotes from her own classrooms she offers practical, specific advice for kindergarten teachers on topics such as:
- Arranging a circle, desks, and tables
- Choosing and storing supplies
- Scheduling a child-centered day and teaching daily routines
- Planning special projects and field trips that maximize learning and build community
- Understanding the special concerns of kindergartners' parents and finding the best ways to communicate with them